Have your 8-11 year old child experience CAMP ROAR at the Exotic Feline Rescue Center (EFRC). Campers will enjoy learning about our lions, tigers, leopards, pumas, servals and bobcats while taking part in educational activities that will include BIG CAT and endangered species facts, rescue stories of our resident felines, and the day-to-day running of the rescue center.
Camp dates are July 9 and July 16.
Registration is now open and the cost will be $75.00 per child.
Possible activities for Camp Roar
Scavenger Hunt Tour with four learning stations
Big Cat Games
Circus cage tour of restricted areas (Campers will ride in a circus cage as they are pulled through the restricted areas of the EFRC)
Simulated medical procedure on stuffed animal lion
Art activity, head keeper speech, etc.
What to wear:
Weather appropriate clothing (we tour in rain or shine)
What to bring:
Apply bug repellent before arriving at the EFRC
Camera (campers are encouraged to take photos)
What not to bring:
Food (A nutritious lunch and snack will be served)
Electronic games or toys
Campers need to arrive at the EFRC at 9:45 am. Bring your child to the building in the EFRC parking lot just east of the EFRC main entrance. Parents are welcome to remain with their child until 10:00 am to meet the instructor and ask any questions they might have. At 10:00 am parents will need to depart and return at 4:00 pm. Terre Haute and Bloomington are within driving distance of the center and offer a variety of restaurants and activities for parents.
Pick up procedures:
Parents will need to retrieve their child at 4:00 pm at the same location as drop off.
EFRC Camp Roar Rules and Regulations
(PLEASE REVIEW THESE RULES WITH YOUR CHILD BEFORE ARRIVING ON CAMP DAY)
- THERE WILL BE NO PETTING OF CATS
- CAMPERS WILL NOT HAVE DIRECT INTERACTION WITH CATS
- CAMPERS ARE REQUIRED TO LISTEN AND FOLLOW ALL DIRECTION FROM CAMP INSTRUCTOR AND ALL EFRC STAFF
- ALL CAMPERS MUST STAY WITH THE GROUP
- CAMPERS ARE TO REMAIN THREE FEET FROM ENCLOSURES
- CAMPERS MUST WALK TO ALL DESTINATIONS: NO RUNNING OR SKIPPING
- THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO HORSEPLAY ALLOWED!! NO SHOUTING, WHISTLING OR TRYING TO ATTRACT CATS WITH ANIMAL NOISES
- CAMPERS MUST RESPECT ALL ADULTS, OTHER CAMPERS, THE ENVIRONMENT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE CATS
- ALL CELL PHONES NEED TO BE SILENCED AND STORED.
Campers will be supervised by two adults at all times.
Camp Instructor: Melanie Bowlin. Melanie has been a volunteer tour guide at the EFRC for over eight years. When she made her first visit to the center in December 2006, she fell in love with our mission of rescuing abused, neglected and abandoned exotic felines. Melanie has just finished her 25th year of teaching.
Due to camp size limitation, be sure to register early!