ExoticFeline Rescue Center
2221 E. Ashboro road
Center Point, IN 47840
EFRC Internship Program
EFRC offers structured unpaid internships for students. This program is individualized for each student. It gives interns an opportunity to learn first hand the many aspects of exotic animal care. Summer internships require a minimum of eight weeks participation.
- Interns must be at least 18.
- Interns must send a resume and schedule a working interview if requested.
- Interns must be capable of lifting up to 60 pounds and be in good health.
- Most interns are pursuing majors in animal related fields; EFRC does not require such a course of study.
- We are looking for individuals who are hardworking, dedicated and self motivating.
- If the internship is for credit you must fulfill the requirements of your school.
- You must arrange for the school and EFRC to communicate and provide EFRC with all of the information needed to help you fulfill your requirements.
- You will meet with mentor weekly.
- You are encouraged to keep a daily journal.
DESCRIPTION OF INTERN DUTIES:
- Intern schedules will be individualized.
- All interns will undergo training on safety procedures.
- All interns will be involved in food preparation, feeding, cleaning, maintenance of the enclosures and grounds, construction and veterinary care.
- All interns will be trained and involved in Public Education including greeting tourists at the gate, daily public tours and other educational programs
WHAT DO I AS AN INTERN NEED TO PROVIDE:
- Travel Arrangements
- Appropriate clothing
- Your own housing (EFRC will assist you in trying to locate housing close to the center whenever possible
- HOW DO I APPLY:
- Send or email a cover letter including an explanation of your previous experience, why you want to come to the Exotic Feline Rescue Center and your career goals for the future.
This program does not include DIRECT CONTACT with any adult cat.
There are no exceptions to this policy.
Safety of the animals and the staff must always come first over personal need.
Currently there is no media on this page
Thank-you for your continued support!
2221 E. Ashboro Road, Center Point, IN 47840
Open Tues-Sun 10-5
$10/adults $5/children 12 & under
Closing at 12 PM Thursday December 24 (Christmas Eve)
Closed Friday December 25 (Christmas)
Closing at 12 PM Thursday December 31 (New Years Eve)
Closed Friday January 1 (New Years Day)